Thursday, December 2, 2010

Catching Up

2010 so far has been about as wonderful as 2009 was terrible. This summer we had a great time with family and friends. Some highlights:

Alan and Nathan are teenagers now! I would say, "This is best age ever!" But Roger would remind me that I say that about every age (for the boys). I would argue that I never want to live with an 8-year-old boy again, but otherwise he is right. Seriously, though, we are really enjoying them as they are becoming more independent, responsible, and thoughtful, and as they are developing their own personalities and interests. We are also seeing their faith in God deepen and grow, and it is wonderful to hear examples from others in the community how Alan and Nathan live out their faith and aren't afraid to share it with others. Another highlight was spending time with family. Here we are celebrating August birthdays with cousins. This is what their presents are beginning to look like more and more!
We also celebrated Roger's parents' 50th wedding anniversary at a family reunion in George, at church, and at a family dinner pictured here (along with the trip to CA last spring). Congratulations, Mom and Dad!

In August, we went down to CA to spend time at my parents' house. Hannah had fun with her cousin Mya.

We got to meet my new nephew Eli!

We spent time kneeboarding, tubing and waterskiing.
We also had fun visiting horses at the neighbor's house, playing in the sand, playing Airsoft, celebrating my mom's birthday with my cousins, and swinging!
We went to Great America on my mom's birthday, and had a great time on all of the rides there! The kids loved going on rides with Beppe, Pake, and Uncle Aaron!
While we were in CA, we got to spend a day at Yosemite. The kids hadn't been there yet, so it was great to be able to introduce them to one of my favorite places in the world!
Hiking and camping were definitely highlights of the summer. Alan and Nathan camped 6 times over the summer! Here are the kids at Mt. Rainier. They had a great time playing in the snow!Here is a picture of our campsite at Ohanepecosh. We camp there every year and love getting the great spots by the river!
Other camping highlights include Roger and Hannah's Daddy-daughter camping trip, and our trip to Kalaloch with some friends, pictured here.


1 comment:

David and Jenny said...

I have been trying to catch up with my blog too...I am only like a year behind:) I can't believe how big Nathan and Alan are, and they are so handsome!!! I bet Jessica would like to be friends again:)