Thursday, May 20, 2010

Running

While we were in Indio, Roger twisted his ankle while running beside a golf course. He had been training for the Capital City Marathon, but had to take a couple of weeks off after this injury. It's hard to tell how swollen his whole foot was in this picture.He recovered fairly quickly and was able to run the half marathon this weekend. It was a fun event, since about 15 or so others from our church ran the marathon, half marathon, or 5-miler. Everyone did a great job!I decided that 5 miles is too far for me (for now at least), since I've never run much (except when forced to in volleyball conditioning), but last year I committed to running a 5k this coming June. It's not always easy to fit in training, but I've got two very willing running partners!

1 comment:

The Kiers said...

That photo of my ankle wasn't really necessary.
-Roger