Wednesday, August 26, 2009

DeJong Family Reunion

We went to a huge De Jong family reunion in July. There were about 426 people in attendance. Here's a view of the tent where we met: Saturday afternoon we went into downtown Lynden to enjoy the Raspberry Festival.
Hannah had a great time at the reunion with her second cousin Hannah. My Hannah is wearing a nametag--it's Purple for Pete (my great-grandfather), and has 5 sides because she is the fifth generation. I thought this system was very clever! George's descendants wore green, Baaye's wore blue, Teake's wore teal, etc. and my nametag was square because I am of the 4th generation.
Alan and Nathan instantly made friends playing flyers up with a football.
The cousins from the Netherlands (about 50!) sang a few songs at Saturday night's program and Sunday morning's worship service.
We all had a great time with family!

No comments: