Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mount Rainier

Roger went to Mt. Rainier twice this summer, but since I wasn't there, I don't have a lot to say about the trips, so I thought I'd try making a couple of slideshows. The first time, he went hiking and camping with Alan and Nathan.

I heard a lot about the great campsite they got at Ohanapecosh. It was right on the river......and it was very private because the neighboring sites were closed because of this landslide:They hiked the loop trail between Silver Falls and the campground.It's probably more fun to go hiking without your mom because you can do things like this:

Two weeks later, Roger jumped at the chance to backpack 18 miles with a group of guys from church. Here are some pictures from that trip:

1 comment:

the doumas said...

haha! your caption of "why its more fun when your mom doesn't come" is great!